The Eye of the Hurricane

A peek inside a storm in girl form...

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Co-Sleeping? I think not...

Co-sleeping isn't the word that I would use to describe my sleeping situation with my toddler twins. It's more like, "co-we get most of the queen-size bed you get a sliver and be happy that you have that much and oh by the way brother really wants to be right next to you while he sleeps and will wake up and cry if you move him."

I think this was by far the most bittersweet thing I did while the twinks were twinfants. By that I mean, it was beautiful being able to sleep with them and bond with them, hold them in my arms while we slept through the night BUT it sure has been hell now that they are 19 months old and are bigger and are taking more and more room. I don't have enough space to sleep comfortably and well, J always wants me to hold him through the night which is not making my night any easier.

I'm so jealous of my friends whose toddlers can sleep on their own. Mine can't even nap on their own. Which is really really sad and lame I think. I think I really really really screwed up their independent sleeping thing.

I wish I could move towards making them more independent when it comes to sleeping.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Daph said…

    Dude. I sleep with our almost two year old, and I cannot even imagine there being two of her, LOL! She takes up a huge amount of room as it is.

    I definitely don't think you're screwing up their independent sleeping habits, but I know the feeling of frustration when they won't go to sleep by themselves. Maybe it's a phase? Phoebe does that occasionally... she'll go through spurts when she *has* to sleep with us, and other times she's fine.

    BTW, it's Daphne from http://www.daphneblue.typepad.com. I have a blogger account, too, but I didn't want you to think I was two different people, LOL. :)

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Mando said…

    happy 420 girl

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Mando said…

    well then i guess i shouldn't tell you how i get to totally sleep all over my bed all by myself. no one to take up any of my room..... wait... now that i think about it that sux..... never mind...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home